Three things you didn't know about Edward:
- After graduating, Edward spent six months in China learning Mandarin Chinese and is conversationally proficient. He also has his sights set on learning Korean
- Edward enjoys food and travelling, especially Sichuan cuisine and Asia
- Edward played Ultimate Frisbee at university and still enjoys throwing a disc now and again
Edward is a European and UK chartered patent attorney. He is comfortable working with a wide range of technology in the mechanical and chemical engineering fields, and his experience includes protecting inventions relating to medical devices, mass spectrometry, automotive vehicles, printers, projectors, semiconductors and materials. He also has experience in advising clients on freedom to operate issues, defending patents from opposition at the European Patent Office, and advising on registered design protection. Edward has worked with a variety of different clients, including handling large international portfolios for UK companies, guiding private individuals through the patenting process, and obtaining UK and European protection for major Japanese and US multinational companies.
Edward began his career at a large London firm before joining Wynne-Jones IP in 2017.
- European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- European Design Attorney (EDA)
- Chartered Patent Attorney (CPA)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- MEng Chemical Engineering with a year of Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science), University of Cambridge